Held in Yarmouth from
August 5 to August 9
History: The Yarmouth County Agricultural
Society was formed in 1842, with an annual membership fee of 5 shillings.
The Township of Yarmouth Agricultural Society was formed in the town of
Hebron in 1855 and held the first Agricultural Exhibition in Yarmouth in
1859. Both societies held annual exhibitions for several years.
In 1882, the Yarmouth County Agricultural Society became a district
exhibition covering the counties of Shelburne, Yarmouth, and Digby.
In 1893, the rink which housed the annual event was
destroyed by fire. The Agricultural Society immediately purchased land
on the corner of Parade and Pleasant Streets and constructed a new building.
2 years later, a 2-day exhibition was held. Unfortunately, in 1939
this facility was also lost to fire, and in 1946 the present location was
acquired. Completely rebuilt in 2002, a modern complex of 2 arenas was
constructed and a new barn complex was added in 2003.